Jump to unread topics when I click on topic title

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
levak

Jump to unread topics when I click on topic title

Post by levak »

Hello!

Since I upgraded from SMF to phpbb3, users have quite some troubles with latest unread posts. If they want to read unread posts in a thread, they have to click on Image icon. Is it possible for topic URL have the same URL? Image now has URL http://www.foo.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ead#unread and topic URL http://www.foo.com/forum/forum6/topic5736.html. I would like for topic URL to have that view=unread#unread as well.

How can I achieve that?

Thanks, Matej

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Re: Jump to unread topics when I click on topic title

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

That would be a MODification and as such you should ask for/request this in the MODs forums...

However, think, should you make that change then people wishing to go to the topic beginning would not have a link - would they?

Des. . . ;)
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

levak

Re: Jump to unread topics when I click on topic title

Post by levak »

I found the "solution".

viewforum.php
FIND:

Code: Select all

// Generate all the URIs ...
		$view_topic_url = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx", 'f=' . (($row['forum_id']) ? $row['forum_id'] : $forum_id) . '&t=' . $topic_id);
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

// Generate all the URIs ...
		$view_topic_url = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx", 'f=' . (($row['forum_id']) ? $row['forum_id'] : $forum_id) . '&t=' . $topic_id . '&view=unread') . '#unread;
Unfortunately, I use Simple SEO MOD and this thing messes up the URL(it's not SEO anymore:)). So I guess no luck for me:)

lp, Matej

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”