"Mark forums read" not working after 3.0.3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
alecrust

"Mark forums read" not working after 3.0.3

Post by alecrust »

Hi,

My upgrade to software version 3.0.3 from 3.0.2 went without a problem the other day. I have asked my users to let me know of any problems, and they've come back with just one.

The "Mark forums read" link on the right of the index page no longer works. For some of my users, after they click the link they are taken to a page which is supposed to say "All forums have been marked read" but instead has no error message text.

However I don't seem to be able to replicate this problem. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

Many thanks!

lapa34c

Re: "Mark forums read" not working after 3.0.3

Post by lapa34c »

I am having a similar issue when trying to "Mark Forums Read" on pages other than the home page.

This is the template code used both on the index_body.html and other templates (such as search_results.html).

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><br /><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
The output from the above code produces a link to mark forums read on the index body that looks like this:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/index.php?hash=14b394e1&mark=forums
The output from the above code produces a link to mark forums read on the search results that looks like this:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/index.php?mark=forums
My question is why isn't this extra "hash=" code not showing up on the search_results.html when the same code as the index_body.html is being used?

Thank you -
Chad

lapa34c

Post by lapa34c »

Anyone else having a similar issue? I can't figure this one out for the life me..... thanks!

headstrong.me

Post by headstrong.me »

I am also having this problem, can't figure it out at all, but I am looking into it.
I will post if I find a fix.

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

I too am having this problem. It wasn't there before the update and is there after the update.
Not sure why this occurring after the update. All my files are from 3.0.3. I updated the database then replaced the files with all, 3.03 files. Only the "Mark all Forums Read" is the one not working.
The mark all Topic's read works correctly. I have also cleared all board cookies to no avail...
This only started happening after the update.
I have not changed board cookie settings at all. Why would they suddenly stop working after updating to phpBB3.03?
When all else fails, read the instructions

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Anyone have any ideals why this would quit working after the update to 3.0.3?

workingbee

Post by workingbee »

got this problem too after updating from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3

i tried a fresh installation of phpbb 3.0.3 but this problem doesn't exist so in my opinion this this caused only when updating from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3
rise above this!

lapa34c

Post by lapa34c »

I get this problem when ever I try to use {L_MARK_FORUMS_READ} on any page except for the index page. Still haven't been able to figure out the root cause here.
Thanks -
Chad

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Do you have the Arcade mod (by JR Sweets) installed by chance?

The reason is I updated it to RC4. Now I can click on the "Mark Forums Read"....but I have a new problem.
Prosilver style gives me a problem....

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/spookiep/public_html/whuddlefansite/forum/includes/functions_template.php on line 139
I had to disable it as a style. The other styles work fine. When thanksgiving is over, I am going to use a backup and see if I can figure out what is triggering this.

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

check that the two lines in index_body and viewforum_body for prosilver (or modified menus) and the one line in viewforum_body for subsilver2 have this and see if it fixes your problems :

<a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">
cheer,
oddfish
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

lapa34c

Post by lapa34c »

Thanks oddfish but that didn't seem to fix the issue. I am currenly using only the subsilver2 theme on my board (if that makes a difference). Thank you again for the help.
Kind regards -
Chad

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

lapa34c do you have the arcade mod installed? Seems when I upgraded my arcade mod by JR Sweets to RC4, mine suddenly started to work (The Mark all forums Read).

The other problem I had with the memory, seems to have disappeared when I made sure prosilver was not on the database but using the filesystem. I know I had marked it before to use the filesystem and not database, but somehow it got changed back to database. For some strange reason clearing the cache wouldn't refresh the data on the database.

lapa34c

Post by lapa34c »

Hey Sara Jane -

I do not have the arcade mod installed on my forum and mine still doesn't work for whatever reason.

I am guessing your memory issue you saw is a combination of your server resources and how the database caching system in phpBB3 uses memory. I have my templates set to filesystem and the site is currently hosted via MediaTemple's Dedicated Virtual plan and I have never had any problems (and I have tried both the filesystem and database caching options).

Anyone else have any ideas on this one?

Cheers -
Chad

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Yea...I couldn't figure out why Marked Forums Read wouldn't work...but it is strange that the Arcade update did trigger it to be functional again for me.

As for the memory error. I understand the resource issue...but I have never come across this. Not to mention I originally had the setting set to filesystem and somehow it got changed to database....and a purging of templates did not get the database to "refresh" the templates.
But It is working now with the settings set to "filesystem"

ScuL

Post by ScuL »

I just updated from v2.22 and I also have this problem with v3.0.3 :S

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”