Ban certain outside links

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Socialoutcast

Ban certain outside links

Post by Socialoutcast » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 am

OK I've done a search and can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet :(

I have members posting links to other sites which in general is fine with me (saves me server space and bandwidth) but some members are using paid redirect links like linkbucks which adds adverts and pop-ups and also uses multiple domains to avoid being banned (on forums that can actually ban them :evil: )

Word censoring doesn't work with phpBB 3.x so just how the hell can I stop people linking to places that I don't want them to? I can't believe no one has sorted this out by now?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Ban certain outside links

Post by karlsemple » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 am

Without a modification of some kind you have two options, using the board permissions prevent users from posting links so any posted do not become click-able, or the other option is active moderation, set rules on posting links and then have your moderators enforce the rules to prevent such links posting.

Socialoutcast

Re: Ban certain outside links

Post by Socialoutcast » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:00 am

I do actively moderate my forum however the amount of work involved is huge about 5-10 per hour = 60-120 per day So looking through each new post is a bit much. As for a suitable MOD I've searched for that too and there doesn't seem to be one that's been vetted by phpBB.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”