Some of the functions of our phpbb3 forums (hosted with the same webhost) suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. For example:
- Users can no longer delete private messages;
- Threads can no longer be deleted or moved by admin (although posts can be edited by admin).
Otherwise the boards work fine.
No upgrade of phpbb3 has taken place nor have any phpbb3 mods been installed. We have checked that the permissions in the phpbb3 admin control panel are okay (e.g. that 'admin' has full admin permissions).
We then queried our webhosts to see if any upgrades to PHP, MySQL or anything else had take place recently. Their reply was:
- PHP version has been upgraded
- Mysql version has not been upgraded. Permissions are same.
- Only php settings, Perl modules and Python modules have been changed.
Could the PHP upgrade have caused the phpbb3 issues we're experiencing?
Any ideas on what to do (please)?