Link Menu Editing??

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
colinjlyon

Link Menu Editing??

Post by colinjlyon » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:25 am

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this question or not, but im looking to find where i can remove the login/logout link from the menu bar. Im pretty new to phpbb as i just moved over from fireboard as i am running joomla. i dont want my users to have the ability to login/out from the board which i have running in a wrapper as i want them to only be able to login through Joomla to prevent cookie problems.

Your board's URL: www.hydroxycanada.com
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.3
Conversion from Fireboard to phpbb 2.0.2 via Script fresh install to conversion from 2.0.2 --> 3.0.3
manual installation
MODs you have installed:None yet, but planning on installing youtube mod, SEO Mod
When the problem started:...... more of an inquiry i suppose
Your level of expertise (be honest):I can edit code if i am told where to look and what to replace. ;)

Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place but i dont know if this editing is done via the style or something else....

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Link Menu Editing??

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 pm

using a text editor only, open;
styles/etechgreen/template/overall_header.html

find this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
remove the login line and you might want to remove the register line as well.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

colinjlyon

Re: Link Menu Editing??

Post by colinjlyon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:50 am

wow thanks a lot! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”