Multiple Forums - 1 User

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mp04

Multiple Forums - 1 User

Post by mp04 »

Is it possible to have just 1 dedicated database for User information?

I have multiple forums and want to have my users only sign up once, and once they do, there user name and password, and all there information will work on all the other forums if not all there information, then just the username and password, and there profile page can be different for each one, don't care... just want them to have to sign up once, and have there user name reserved for all the boards.

Basically to make it a little more simple, what I want the config file to do, is... IF the table phpbb_users is not there, then it will look at the next database to see if it is there, if not THEN give a error.

right now, I inserted the information for the 2nd database in the config file, but now its looking for phpbb_config for a second time. (in the users database)

Thanks in advance.
mp04

Re: Multiple Forums - 1 User

Post by mp04 »

Okay... how about this...

What if I insert all the forums database file within one database using diffrent prefixes like nfl-talk_users, mlb-users, etc.

and then create a table called overallusers_users and edit a php file(s) to read all user information from that databse

could that work?
and what files would I need to edit?

Thanks in advance!
cally6008

Post by cally6008 »

Do a search in this forum, this question has been asked lots of times already
mp04

Post by mp04 »

cally6008 wrote:Do a search in this forum, this question has been asked lots of times already
while that hold true for the 2nd part or ALT part of the idea, does anyone have idea or solutions for the first part? I would rather use different databases for each forum instead of having 60 forums on one database.

If that has been covered too, then please point me in the right direction as far as search tags go, cause after 2 days I still cant find that.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”