Need help to install phpbb3 on Slicehost

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
grantgrant

Need help to install phpbb3 on Slicehost

Post by grantgrant »

Hello:

Is there anybody here familiar with slicehost.com's hosting service and setting up either
1. Phpbb3 forum (file system, database etc.) through it's unix command line interface? I am not familiar with that.
or
2. Familiar with http://webmin.com which provide free c-panel like, browser based UI for website installation including phpbb3 installation?

I have installed phpbb3 forum on hostmonster before, however I am lost when it comes to installing phpbb3 on any unix interfaced hosting service, in my case, I purchased slicehost.com virtual dedicated server and need some help to get me started there.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Grant

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: Need help to install phpbb3 on Slicehost

Post by darcie »

I'd have to say that for additional help on how to use Slicehost's hosting, you should seek advice through their articles and forum. But to attempt to answer...

1. It seems that you can use FTP to manage this instead of attempting the command line thing. Transferring phpBB files to your website through FTP is quite easy. I don't know what the slices come with, but you will need to set up a database prior to running the installation. See their site for how to do this, then our INSTALL doc for steps.

2. Advice on how to use other applications is beyond the scope of this support forum. Sorry. Rule #4d
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”