Login from site?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Jason Xiao

Login from site?

Post by Jason Xiao »

Hey guys,

I just made a custom website and I wanted users to be able to log-in using their forum user name and password on the site. How exactly do I do this?

Also, I know this is a phpBB forum but I thought I might throw this out there, I was also wondering how I could make certain files and pages only accessible by registered user and perhaps even only certain user groups?

Thanks in advance for help with the log-in box, I did do some searching and checked the FAQ but apparently I'm bad at selecting key words, heh.

Happy Holidays and Warm Regards,
Jason Xiao
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Login from site?

Post by ric323 »

The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
Jason Xiao

Post by Jason Xiao »

Hey ric323,

Thanks for the quick reply. As for the session integration, I think that allows users logged in to the forums to stay logged on through out the site but it doesn't explain how I can make a form input code log-in I have on my site access the same database as the phpBB3 forums I installed.

Also, anyone want to take a whack at how to make certain files and pages only accessible by registered user from the forum database and perhaps even make some files only accessible by specific user groups? I still haven't found anything on that.

Happy Holidays and Warm Regards,
Jason Xiao
Saldash
Name: Stuart Jackson

Post by Saldash »

This is what Im tryiing to acheive now..
My problem is that the page i want to have the login form and username display, is in the root of the site directory, not in the forum sub-directory. - causing issues :(
World Recoded UK - DreamHost Site of the Month winner February 2011!
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

Saldash wrote:This is what Im tryiing to acheive now..
My problem is that the page i want to have the login form and username display, is in the root of the site directory, not in the forum sub-directory. - causing issues :(
You specify where phpBB is in this line:
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
"./" represents the current folder. Change it to the relative path from your page to where phpBB is.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”