How To Remove phpBB3 Part From URL (Help Please)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: How To Remove phpBB3 Part From URL (Help Please)

Post by ric323 »

That only shows the folders. Where are all the files?
There are 15 .php files that should be visible there too!
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
King3vil

Post by King3vil »

whoa...... ok, i just checked all the folders and subfolders and all of them are empty?!?!? all the php files are not there not even when i check my web hosting accounts ftp file manager they are not there.

so, what do i do now?
mp04

Post by mp04 »

I think at this time, the best thing to do, is re-download a fresh copy of phpbb3 from this site, and unzip folder, then upload all the file INSIDE the root folder. DO NOT UPLOAD THE ROOT FOLDER IT SELF, open the root folder, and take all the files from inside that.

Now, if you want to keep all the settings you have then DO NOT upload the config.php its in the root folder

If you do not have anything yet, and don't mind. then go into phpmyadmin or go into your mysql database, and delete the tables and everything, and then go to www.yoursite.com and re-install it again.

then you should be ready to go.

also sent you a PM
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

mp04 wrote:I think at this time, the best thing to do, is re-download a fresh copy of phpbb3 from this site, and unzip folder, then upload all the file INSIDE the root folder. DO NOT UPLOAD THE ROOT FOLDER IT SELF, open the root folder, and take all the files from inside that.
This advice doesn't make any sense. What "root folder" don't you want him to upload?
King3vil don't do anything rash, we don't want to lose your existing config.php file, wherever it is.
If you do not have anything yet, and don't mind. then go into phpmyadmin or go into your mysql database, and delete the tables and everything, and then go to http://www.yoursite.com and re-install it again.
Hold everything. Don't do that, it will lose the work already done!
also sent you a PM
Why?
All support on this forum should be in public!

Now, King3vil, not all your files are missing, certainly all of the docs folder is present. You may not be using your FTP program correctly. Please check again.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
mp04

Post by mp04 »

ric323 wrote: This advice doesn't make any sense. What "root folder" don't you want him to upload?
Sorry there is no root folder, I just meant don't upload the phpBB3 folder it self, cause if he uploads that, it defeats the purpose of what he is trying to do, and he would be back to square one
ric323 wrote:King3vil don't do anything rash, we don't want to lose your existing config.php file, wherever it is.
Well thats why I said IF you dont mind, but also gave instructions on how to doit WITHOUT it, but uploading all the files WITHOUT upload the config.php file.
mp04 wrote:Now, if you want to keep all the settings you have then DO NOT upload the config.php its in the root folder
ric323 wrote:Why?
All support on this forum should be in public!
I offered to help in Install phpbb3 for him.

Sorry for helping
Ting&Tong

Post by Ting&Tong »

King3vil - slow down and take a deep breath.

Re-read this thread carefully and do what they say - its a lot simpler than it sounds.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”