Creating a New Topic

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Silent-Sniper

Creating a New Topic

Post by Silent-Sniper »

I am so sorry if this has been posted before but I can't find any topic about it.

I have just set up a new forum (phpbb3) and I can't for the life of me find where the 'New Topic' button is. I'm a Moderator on two separate sites but have never been Admin before.

If you could tell me how to create a new topic on my site I would be VERY much appreciative.

Thanks so much.
Last edited by ric323 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
mp04

Re: Creating a New Topic

Post by mp04 »

hey,
I had this problem when I installed phpbb3 after a long time, and realized that once I created a forum from the forum tab in the ACP, that I also had to set permission for EVERYONE including me (the Administrator), all my mods, registered and un-registered users, and Bots

But the good part is IF you create on forum and set the permission, then you can just copy that permission too all the other ones, when creating new forums.

But if you already created all your forums 1st and then realized this (like I did) I am not sure so dont quote me on this, but you may have to set each one individually (like i did)
Silent-Sniper

Re: Creating a New Topic

Post by Silent-Sniper »

Thank you SO much!!! You are an absolute legend!! I edited the permissions and everything is working now!!!! This has made my day.

Thanks again mate, it is REALLY appreciated.

Scott, Silent-Sniper.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”