purge my cache w/out ACP??

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
candykc

purge my cache w/out ACP??

Post by candykc » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Help! I just changed over my domain name from my test site so now i can't access the ACP! Is there a way i can purge my phpbb cache without going through ACP?? Thanks.

Kardain

Re: purge my cache w/out ACP??

Post by Kardain » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Since it sounds like you have FTP access, fire up your FTP program, open the cache folder and delete everything except the index.html and htaccess files.

candykc

Post by candykc » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 pm

thank you i was able to do that. it worked. any idea as to why my ACP link that usually shows up at the bottom is no longer there? how can i get to ACP from my browser??

Kardain

Post by Kardain » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:05 am

you will need to navigate to adm/index.php to get to your ACP

Example: http://www.example.com/forum/adm/index.php

I'd first clear all browser cookies before doing that (just in case)

For the ACP link, make sure you have the following in your overall_footer.html

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_ACP --><br /><strong><a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a></strong><!-- ENDIF -->
Here's the excerpt from the default prosilver theme where that line is found:

Code: Select all

<div class="copyright">Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/">phpBB</a> &copy; 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
		<!-- IF TRANSLATION_INFO --><br />{TRANSLATION_INFO}<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF DEBUG_OUTPUT --><br />{DEBUG_OUTPUT}<!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_ACP --><br /><strong><a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a></strong><!-- ENDIF -->
	</div>
Personally, I find an out of the way area up near the top (overall_header.html) and add it there too. I don't like having to scroll down to the bottom to get to the ACP

Only other thing I can think of is somehow you accidentally reset your permissions for yourself to no longer be an admin

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:04 am

Another possibility.

Have you used the system to view another users permissions without retoring your own.
If so you should see a link at the top where you can 'restore' your own permissions.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:48 pm

ChrisRLG that shouldn't matter. As that feature doesn't mess with ADMINISTATIVE permissions. If it did then you wouldn't be able to change back. It only changes permissions relating to FORUMS. At least that's how I understand it.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Kardain

Post by Kardain » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 am

Correct. Administrative permissions are unchanged if you test permissions (meaning ACP login access is retained). Everything else gets temporarily changed to whatever permissions are being tested.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”