ACP "delete install folder" warning - but no install folder

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DBM

ACP "delete install folder" warning - but no install folder

Post by DBM »

Your board's URL: http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/forum/
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.4

I'm getting the red "Please delete, move or rename the install directory" warning in the ACP - but there is no install directory present. Fortunately, the message seems to be a false alarm - users are not being locked out of the board.

This only seems to have started happening after I installed a MOD through AutoMOD. It was the Quick Reply one, which had caused problems (apparently because my FTP client had failed to transfer one file, which I hadn't noticed at the time). So I uninstalled that MOD and it was after this that I noticed the red "delete install directory" warning.

This is just a minor annoyance as the board is fully functional. Is there a way I can prevent the error message coming up?
Last edited by ric323 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: ACP "delete install folder" warning - but no install folder

Post by ric323 »

As a guest, I don't see the error at all.
Do you have a test account so I can see what it looks like when you are logged in?
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

DBM

Post by DBM »

ric323 wrote:As a guest, I don't see the error at all.
Do you have a test account so I can see what it looks like when you are logged in?
Well, since this is in the ACP, I'll have to create an admin account for you.

Can I pm you the details when I set one up? As I say, it's not affecting any functions at all as far as I can see. But obviously I'd like the warning to only show when I really have left an install folder on the server.

Thanks for your help. :)

DBM

Post by DBM »

It's OK, I've now resolved this.

Oddly there was an install folder there, it just wasn't showing up in my FTP client (Filezilla) even when I had refreshed. But having closed Filezilla and re-opened it, there was an install folder, which has now been removed.

Even odder is that the board was still accessible to non-admins. :shock: Anyway, it seems to be cleared up now. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”