Custom BBCode not parsing anymore?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DanoruX

Custom BBCode not parsing anymore?

Post by DanoruX »

I've been having a [youtube] tag on my forums for quite a while now but for some reason my board doesn't want to parse it anymore and instead just leaves the text as is without doing anything to it...

Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: Custom BBCode not parsing anymore?

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Please provide us with the information necessary to assist you by filling out the Support Request Template.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

DB Cooper

Post by DB Cooper »

YouTube's URL contains a UK instead of a WWW. This seems to be pretty recent— like This week for my stuff.

I can't locate a global setting for my profile, but it doesn't seem to matter because all "WWW"s get turned into "UK"s.
Life is Grand.
DB-Cooper.com

hww

Post by hww »

The same think recently started happening in Australia.

We're getting AU instead of WWW.
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

This is a known problem with youtube "localising" the url to your particular locality/country.

Either you delete your youtube cookies and when going to the youtube site (www) click cancel when you see the localisation message:
Click "OK" to accept these settings or click "Cancel" to set your language preference to "English (GB)" and your country filter to "Worldwide (All)".
However, you can also do a search in the BBCodes topic for "youtube" and there are a couple of solutions that will resolve this. You'll need to delete your current youtube BBCode and add one of the new ones in.

Des. . . ;)
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

hww

Post by hww »

CTCNetwork wrote:This is a known problem with youtube "localising" the url to your particular locality/country.

Either you delete your youtube cookies and when going to the youtube site (www) click cancel when you see the localisation message:
Click "OK" to accept these settings or click "Cancel" to set your language preference to "English (GB)" and your country filter to "Worldwide (All)".
That only works if all your board's members are willing (and remember) to do it ;)
However, you can also do a search in the BBCodes topic for "youtube" and there are a couple of solutions that will resolve this. You'll need to delete your current youtube BBCode and add one of the new ones in.
I'm using this one, and it seems to work well:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3224118
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”