How to get rid of the languages in phpbb?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Mitja Bonca

How to get rid of the languages in phpbb?

Post by Mitja Bonca » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 pm

I have installed phpBB 3.0.3 for my 1st time some days ago, but I have problems with languages.
here is what is bothering me: In the forum`s control panel where you choose the language you want to have, there is pleny of them. Most of them I (we) don`t need, so I decided to erase some of them. I erased maps of languages in:
1. forum/language
2. forum/styles/prosilver/imageset
3. forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset

but there are still all the languages available to choose in the control panel, even if (I think) they can not work, cause I deleted all those directories. So what to do more that there on that language`s list won`t be any more those languages that I deleted?

thx for some help, I really don`t know what else to do.
http://www.skywalker.si Mitja Bonca website

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: How to get rid of the languages in phpbb?

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Mitja Bonca wrote:I have installed phpBB 3.0.3 for my 1st time some days ago, but I have problems with languages.
here is what is bothering me: In the forum`s control panel where you choose the language you want to have, there is pleny of them.
Then you've installed them as phpBB only ships with the British English language pack. But removing the files isn't enough you must also remove the languages from the system. You can do this under the SYSTEM tab in the ACP.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Mitja Bonca

Post by Mitja Bonca » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:Then you've installed them as phpBB only ships with the British English language pack. But removing the files isn't enough you must also remove the languages from the system. You can do this under the SYSTEM tab in the ACP.
Under the Sytem in the ACP? Where is that, in the phpBB forum?
http://www.skywalker.si Mitja Bonca website

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Yes it is. If you go into the Admin Control Panle (ACP), and click on the SYSTEM tab you'll find the languages section in the left hand menu.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”