How to disable showing default user profile fields?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mokusbajusz

How to disable showing default user profile fields?

Post by mokusbajusz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 am

Hello to All,

does anybody know how to disable showing standard (default) user profile fields (Joined date, Total posts, Location) on the posts level?
I use avatars and my custom rank-image set, and that combination makes (streches) a single post quite high.
If I placed them side by side, the overall height would be smaller, but the user profile info still needs a lot of space.

Thank you. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
etech01.png
etech01.png (35.79 KiB) Viewed 91 times
etech02.png
etech02.png (36.88 KiB) Viewed 91 times

fufsky

Re: How to disable showing default user profile fields?

Post by fufsky » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 am

Sorry,I do not know, but this page from PHPBB may be helpful
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentat ... ion3_2_2_4

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 am

The easiest way would probably be to remove the code from the template file, this can be done by editing the viewtopic_body.html and removing the bit of code which relates to each entry in the users posting profile :) Depending on the style type (prosilver or subsilver2 based) the code will look different, so for example if you wanted to remove location for example in a subsilver2 based style you would remove

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><br /><b>{L_LOCATION}:</b> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}<!-- ENDIF -->
from the template file. In a prosilver based template file the code would look like this

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><dd><strong>{L_LOCATION}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Remember after re-uploading the edited file to refresh the template via the ACP styles section if using a prosilver based template, also purge the boards cache via the ACP index :)

mokusbajusz

Post by mokusbajusz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:42 am

Wow!
That was fast, thanks for the reply! :P

OK, so it seems there is no settings for that in ACP.
I will try to change the template file.

One more question. After the suggested changes will the profile data still be shown/available in other forum pages (e.g. user profile or member list)?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:44 am

mokusbajusz wrote:Wow!
One more question. After the suggested changes will the profile data still be shown/available in other forum pages (e.g. user profile or member list)?
Yes :) You are simply removing it from the Viewtopic page in the template code.

mokusbajusz

Post by mokusbajusz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 am

Thank you!
Works like a charm! :D

In the meantime I was thinking on it further, and found that displaying the Avatar can be individually switched off in the User Control Panel.

Isn't there a MOD which controls the display of different profile fields? Standard/default AND custom as well?
With such a MOD the hacking of the viewtopic_body.html file would be unnecessary.
I mean the user can switch on/off the display of Avatars, Emoticons, etc., but not the display of default and custom fields.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”