Theme editor & directly edit css ...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
phpaaa

Theme editor & directly edit css ...

Post by phpaaa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:29 am

really want to know the difference between editing the style through the theme editor in ACP (style > theme > edit) and directly editing the .css files.

I found that the former way i have to "purge the cashes" and the latter way i have to "refresh" the theme to take effect. And editing the style through the theme editor won't change the relevant .css files ... it'll create confusion ... well ... like me ... i used both ways and now in total chaotic .... :evil:

SO i suggest u cancel the theme editor function OR make it automatically change the relevant .css files ...

Keith W

Re: Theme editor & directly edit css ...

Post by Keith W » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 am

To be perfectly honest if you were that confused before hand then it is at that time you should maybe have asked for help, instead of after the fact and instead of implying that it is the fault of phpBB for an error of your own making.

Also, as always, it is a good idea to make backups before making any changes to the files of your phpBB forum
Do not PM me unless I ask you to

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

phpaaa

Post by phpaaa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:18 pm

ooh ... sorry .... cause initially i thought the theme editor in ACP is for normal people like me (not computer expert) to change style ..... ... :?

one more minor question, where can i change the text color in the input text box (the text color when i make new post or reply) ? in common.css ? which line ?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:39 pm

The editor in the ACP is primarily designed for people with no FTP file access. Any edits made through the ACP editor will be lost when the cache is purged. Therefore, if you have FTP access, the proper way to edit files is download, edit, upload, refresh the style element.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”