Forums not displaying

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
nuser

Forums not displaying

Post by nuser » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 am

I am new to 3.0 and am needing some help...

I have several forums on my board. As the admin, I can login and see all of the forums immediately after login. However, when I log in as a user, I do not see my forums right after login. In order to see the forums (as a user), I have to click on the "jump to" pull down menu and then select the forum section that I want to see.

My question is, How do I get my forums to show up automatically when I log in as a user? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Forums not displaying

Post by thecoalman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 am

You need to set the permission so register users can see it, see my directions here and replace "registered users" where I used administrator. Don't use the "full access" but instead something more suitable for registered users.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8635525

Once you have one forum setup right you can use the "copy permissions" drop down box when creating new forums.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”