Moderating Posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
robdocmagic

Moderating Posts

Post by robdocmagic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 am

Hi,

I want to approve postings on certain forums on my board and want to see if I am on the right track as far as setting this up:

For a particular forum I setup the permissions to be "Standard Access + Polls". (just for starters now here come my quesions)

Now, I want to change this forum so that I need to approve all postings.

1) I set the moderator of the group to be a new group "Moderators" of which I am a member of.
2) I see that there is a "On Moderation Queue" for this forum's permissions and I would assume that just by changing the permissions from "Standard Access + Polls" to "On Moderation Queue" that is all I need to do? However, what permissions do they now have? In other words I want them to have "Standard Access + Polls" but the post just gets approved prior to it hitting my boards.

3) Also, can I accomplish this by leaving the role as "Standard Access + Polls" and just setting the advanced permissions -> Misc -> Can post without approval to "No".

4) I am assuming that I only need to approve first posts and replies to existing posts will go right into the system just fine? (E.g. I don't need to also approve all replies).

Thanks!!!

-Rob

narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: Moderating Posts

Post by narqelion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:56 am

robdocmagic wrote:3) Also, can I accomplish this by leaving the role as "Standard Access + Polls" and just setting the advanced permissions -> Misc -> Can post without approval to "No".
Yes. :)
robdocmagic wrote:4) I am assuming that I only need to approve first posts and replies to existing posts will go right into the system just fine? (E.g. I don't need to also approve all replies).
No. All posts whether initial topic starters or replies would be moderated.

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Moderating Posts

Post by ric323 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 am

robdocmagic wrote:...
4) I am assuming that I only need to approve first posts and replies to existing posts will go right into the system just fine? (E.g. I don't need to also approve all replies).
As narqelion already stated. If you want a facility to approve only the first N posts from new users, that is also available, but it is a global setting which applies to all forums.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”