Account gets de-activated on email change

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
robdocmagic

Account gets de-activated on email change

Post by robdocmagic » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,

I have my board setup so that I need to approve all new users. I have it set so that they can't change their username.

However, when they change their email address they get a message saying their account was suspended and that it needs to be re-activated (and I get an email).

Is it possible to turn this off -- I want my users to be able to change their emails without having their account de-activated (the same way they can change their password).

Thanks.

-Rob

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: Account gets de-activated on email change

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:06 am

Turn off activation, if you have this turned on then the account must be reactivated after changing the email address.

Although you probably don't want to turn activation totally off, that's how you keep spambots out.
This is a security measure, to stop people hijacking accounts. If they have to activate in the first place, then they need to reactivate if they change their email or password.
“Need and struggle are what excite and inspire us.”

robdocmagic

Re: Account gets de-activated on email change

Post by robdocmagic » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:15 am

Thanks.. would you happen to know where the code is that sets the password ( and checks if the board requires approval) so I Can go in and check it out?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”