Sessions problem!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Per Sørensen

Sessions problem!

Post by Per Sørensen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 pm

HELP HELP

I have sessions problem on my page www.lystfiskerens.net, it started with that one got this message:

Your session has expired and / or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Refresh / reload your page, please fill out before you.

When one would reply / create a message - I found a solution to the problem online (I thought):

If you (or your users) after trying to log in will be returned to the board index (or other) without apparently being logged in, it is most likely a problem with incorrect cookie settings. phpBB uses cookies to store a session ID and a few other user data. To store the data correctly, the cookie domain name, path and security settings to be set correctly in Admin Control Panel -> General -> Server Configuration -> Cookies. Typically the cookie domain can remain empty, and cookiesti set / (one slash). Do not turn off the cookie secured to, unless your board is running over an SSL connection (secure sockets layer), ie. https: / /.

If you still have problems, try setting the cookie domain to the full domain name, for example: www.ditdomæne.dk, www.noget.ditdomæne.dk. You must ensure that the domain name contains at least two sentences, otherwise browsers may not recognize the cookie, for example:. Ditdomæne.dk, noget.ditdomæne.dk. Do not add http:// or anything else to the domain name.

The option was there lystfiskerens.net the change I www.lystfiskerens.net and then I can not comment on the administration side of PHPBB - HELP :cry:

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Re: Sessions problem!

Post by pentapenguin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi and welcome.

Can you log into the admin panel at all?
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Well, you've quite messed around with your cookie settings. Use this article to get the correct cookie settings and set them without being able to access the ACP.

Knowledge Base - Fixing incorrect cookie settings
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Per Sørensen

Post by Per Sørensen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I can not enter admin istrations page. O ((
How can I get in there??

Per Sørensen

Post by Per Sørensen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 pm

So I came on the administrative side - then I sat and messed around with the settings and tested it on another computer! In one way or another, it seems as though that since time out and works first after I emptied the memory!

why do it?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”