error code in forum header...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Hovik

error code in forum header...

Post by Hovik »

Hello all,
I recently updated my board from v.3.0.0 to v.3.0.5 and am now getting a strange message at the header of my board >>link removed>> which goes like this:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250)[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/hooks/index.php:250
Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this???

Thanks!
Last edited by darcie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: error code in forum header...

Post by stevemaury »

How did you update (there is no version 3.0.5)? Please fill out the Support Request Template.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Hovik

Post by Hovik »

Forgive me, I hit the wrong key. 3.0.4 is my current version. Any ideas?

Actually it seems the site may have been hacked. Now when I go to it AVG is warning me not to go there, that it hosts malware. When I go the header errors are still there but in the notification bar (bottom left) of the browser it says it's trying to connect to >>link removed>> or something to that effect.

Someone please help me save my website.

Thanks!
Last edited by darcie on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link removed
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

stevemaury wrote:How did you update? Please fill out the Support Request Template.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Hovik

Post by Hovik »

stevemaury wrote:
stevemaury wrote:How did you update? Please fill out the Support Request Template.
Since there was no update package to go from 3.0.0 to 3.0.4 I searched the site here and found someone to help me. User "Tom" posted this guide for me:
Introduction
I've been seeing many users in the Support Forum having trouble with converting their forum, running version 3.0.1 or earlier, to the new version 3.0.4. This article is a simple yet effective description for those in need of help with this subject. Please be aware that if you have any MODs installed on your forum, they will not be carried over with this update.

Update Guide
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you through upgrading to 3.0.4. Before proceeding with this guide, be sure to do a full database and file backup of the forum you are updating!

Step #1: Download the full version of phpBB 3.0.4 from the Downloads page.
Step #2: Upload everything in the 3.0.4 package to your server except the following files and directories:

config.php
images/ directory
files/ directory
Step #3: Copy the following files and directories from your un-updated phpBB installation into the root directory of the new 3.0.4 installation that you uploaded in Step #2:

config.php
images/ directory
files/ directory
Step #4: In your web browser, navigate to the install/database_update.php file in your 3.0.4 installation. Let the file run, and when it is complete, a confirmation page will appear on your screen. (E.g. www.yoursite.com/phpBB3/install/database_update.php)
Step #5: Once the database update is completed, delete the install/ directory from your 3.0.4 installation.

Conclusion
Congratulations! Your forum is now up-to-date and running 3.0.4. You will need to reinstall any MODs that you had installed on your previous forum, but your forum is now running the latest version of phpBB.

Side Notes
After performing this update, your newly updated forum will most likely be located at a URL such as www.yoursite.com/phpBB3, with the forum's directory name being phpBB3. If you would like your newly updated forum to be located at the same directory as your previous forum was, simply rename the directory of your newly updated forum from "phpBB3" to the name you wish.
This is how I upgraded...
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Reupload the entire 3.0.4 includes folder.

Also, third request, please fill out the Support Request Template.

Hovik

Post by Hovik »

stevemaury wrote:Reupload the entire 3.0.4 includes folder.
Ok, I'll give that a shot
stevemaury wrote:Also, third request, please fill out the Support Request Template.
Steve, calm down man. I filled it out long ago... phpBB Incident tracker - #43155 Thanks.
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

Hovik, it seems that you may have not followed the link that Steve gave you. The Support Request Template asks a number of different questions on the background of your board so that others here can have a full understanding of your situation. It is not the same as the Incident Tracker.

If you happen to need additional assistance in the forums, we must insist that you follow the link (or use the stickied topic at the top of this forum) to provide the information requested. Thanks. :)
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
Hovik

Post by Hovik »

Darcie,

I followed his link which brings the support ticket generator, I filled it out as requested and also selected "yes" when asked if I felt the board had been hacked. Here is the message I got:
If your board was hacked, we ask that you file a report with the Incident Investigation Tracker instead of posting in the Support forum so that no private information is disclosed.
See this post for directions on doing so.
I'm just following the directions of your site... am I wrong for doing so?

H
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

No, as you are reporting a possible exploit in your board, the correct place to handle this is the Incident Tracker and not the forums. This is also mentioned in the FAQ sticky in this forum http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 543171#iit

As you have decided to file the incident report, this topic no longer needs to remain open. I will also remove your links from the previous posts for security. But, for the future, we do request all support topics use the Support Template to provide the suitable amount of information for others to assist you. As this topic will be closed, you are welcome to PM me if you have additional questions.

Best of luck with your board!
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”