Cleaning the Database of Mods

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
the.ronin

Cleaning the Database of Mods

Post by the.ronin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:31 pm

I have a heavily modded 3.03 forum. I am working on a 3.04 update which I built from scratch. I recall there being a mod that will scrub your database of mods returning it to it’s original state. I can’t seem to find it in the search. Does anyone know where that is?

Once I’ve scrubbed the 3.03 database, can I replace the existing 3.04 database with it and run \install\database_update.php from the original 3.04 package?

Thanks for any advice.

Dog Cow

Re: Cleaning the Database of Mods

Post by Dog Cow » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Are you sure that MOD was for phpBB 3? Because it sounds vaguely familiar to me, and I think it was for version 2.
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 pm

There is really no reason to do this, since database elements not referenced by the php files are completely ignored. You could drop any tables that are not among the 62 tables in a vanilla install, as contained in the schema.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Thank you for the replies.

And thank you for the clarification, Steve. Admittedly, the reason I want to do this is partly because I was afraid unnecessary tables could cause issues – which you confirmed will not.

However, I also just want to build out a clean website. On the “clean” 3.04 version I am working on, I’ve already installed a portal of which I have stripped out everything I don’t need from the php and html files as well as the corresponding table.

I guess the site I currently have is such a Frankenstein of coding with haphazard fixes and bandaids everywhere, I just want something clean. In short, I have mad OCD. :lol:

For what it’s worth, I did find the database cleaning tool as a beta release ...

[BETA] SQL Database Clean from MODs v0.0.1 for phpBB3

Thanks again.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”