Page 1 of 1

changed group but not changed

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:39 pm
by Chabbal
hello..
i changed group of a user and make the default group for him, but it's not changed in profile and posts.

i purged the cache
refreshed template sets, styles
promoted to group leader

but after doing all these things group is changed in Admin CP, but not in profile and with posts.

what's the problem?

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:41 pm
by karlsemple
USers can be in multiple groups, their colour, group ranks and avatar (if set) will be taken from their default group. Simply adding the user to a new group will not make it their default group so be sure that via the ACP you made the group the users default group.

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm
by Chabbal
karlsemple wrote:USers can be in multiple groups, their colour, group ranks and avatar (if set) will be taken from their default group. Simply adding the user to a new group will not make it their default group so be sure that via the ACP you made the group the users default group.
yes i approved, added to group leader, default group...
but the problem is same...
Read my first post post in this topic again...

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 am
by karlsemple
Chabbal wrote: Read my first post post in this topic again...
I did read it the first time although that makes no difference to my previous reply. I need to be sure you understand how the group set up on phpBB works before we move on. Can you give me a step by step guide of what steps exactly you took when adding the user to the new group and making it is his default group.

Please provide us with the information necessary to assist you by filling out the Support Request Template

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 am
by Chabbal
on user's profile clicked on "Administrate user"
Select form: Groups --> Go
Add user to group --> Support Team --> Submit
after adding clicked on "Make group default for member"


Then...

Manage Groups
Support Team --> members
clicked and approved + Promoted to group leader

Purged the cache
Refreshes Template sets (SubSilver)

Problem not solved, group is not changed.

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:43 am
by blakebowling
Chabbal wrote:on user's profile clicked on "Administrate user"
Select form: Groups --> Go
Add user to group --> Support Team --> Submit
after adding clicked on "Make group default for member"


Then...

Manage Groups
Support Team --> members
clicked and approved + Promoted to group leader

Purged the cache
Refreshes Template sets (SubSilver)

Problem not solved, group is not changed.
What exactly do you mean by group is not changed?

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:46 am
by Tripp
Can you provide a link to your board? And to the user that this is happening to?

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:46 am
by Chabbal
blakebowling wrote: What exactly do you mean by group is not changed?
Current group of user is "Moderator" & want to change it to "Support Team".

Re: changed group but not changed

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:48 am
by ric323
Drugs wrote:Can you provide a link to your board? And to the user that this is happening to?
and a test account so we can log in and see profiles?