how to create hyperlinked list of all thread titles

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Grimreaper1989

how to create hyperlinked list of all thread titles

Post by Grimreaper1989 »

hey i need help on how to create hyperlinked list of all thread titles in a particular forum or subforum.

Thanks

blakebowling

Re: how to create hyperlinked list of all thread titles

Post by blakebowling »

You want a linked list of what? Just click on the forum name and there's your list.

Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Grimreaper1989 wrote:hey i need help on how to create hyperlinked list of all thread titles in a particular forum or subforum.

Thanks
They have mods that take posts from a certain forum and can display them anywhere on your site. This might be what you're looking for.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs

Grimreaper1989

Post by Grimreaper1989 »

that does sound like what i want. basiclly i have a forum and i would like to organize all the threads i have into a list as a sticky at the top so my members dont have to search throu hundreds of pages to find what they want they could simply click on the sticky and they would have a list of all the threads in the forum listed from A - Z and once they find waht they want they click on the thread name in the sticky lisk wiitch would be a hyper link and it would take them stright to the right thread.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Grimreaper1989 wrote:that does sound like what i want. basiclly i have a forum and i would like to organize all the threads i have into a list as a sticky at the top so my members dont have to search throu hundreds of pages to find what they want they could simply click on the sticky and they would have a list of all the threads in the forum listed from A - Z and once they find waht they want they click on the thread name in the sticky lisk wiitch would be a hyper link and it would take them stright to the right thread.

huh?
your idea of how to do this only creates what you said you do not want.

in phpbb you have categories with forums in them and subforums in those forums etc.

this was designed to replace the old style list type of threaded message board ( like what you are describing) to make navigating it much, much easier.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Grimreaper1989

Post by Grimreaper1989 »

Ok i dont think im explaing my self properly.

What i want to do is create a topic on my forum and inside that topic (that will be a sticky at the top of the forum) it will contain links to all of the other topics in the forum so my members do not have to search throu hundreds of pages to find what they want. they would be able to open up the sync list that im trying to make now and find what they want easyly as it would be from A - Z and then click a hyper link to the topic in the forum.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

nope, I understood you perfectly and what I said still applies.

if you do that, you are creating exactly what you are trying to avoid;

a long list of all the topics that people have to scroll all the way through to find whatever they are looking for.

this is exactly what bulletin boards like phpbb were designed to replace.

it is so much easier to find what you are looking for in this type of layout than what you propose.

anyway, I don't know of any way to do what you want. maybe you can request some type of MOD in the MOD request area.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”