spamhaus problem and blocking.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
daredevil33

spamhaus problem and blocking.

Post by daredevil33 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:50 am

One of my friend always get this problem.

Is their anyway I can exclude his IP from spamhaus check?

Xtracker!

Re: spamhaus problem and blocking.

Post by Xtracker! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 am

Did you ever ban him? Also go to Moderator Control Panel/Banning and check if his IP is there.
TeenReply.com - Teen Support | Teen Advice | Teen Forums :D :D

narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 am

The only thing you can do is disable the Blacklist check in the ACP. This will disable all checks though. If this user has been unfairly blacklisted they need to work with their ISP to get the IP off the list. :)

ACP -> General -> Server config -> Security settings -> Check IP against DNS Blackhole List: Yes/No

daredevil33

Post by daredevil33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 am

Xtracker! wrote:Did you ever ban him? Also go to Moderator Control Panel/Banning and check if his IP is there.
Nah i never did. He also not in banlist. He is my buddy. But whenever he want's to post he get this errors and can't post.

@Narqelion I can't disable it. Since then proxy user's will be more on forums.

Is their anyway to disable that and also stop people from using proxy?

lurttinen
Translator
Name: Martti Lokka

Post by lurttinen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:04 am

You can either disable the dnsbl check or install a MOD to prevent proxies.
However, that does absolutely nothing to change the fact that their computer (or one in the network) is probably infected with malware.
Tell your buddy to clean his computer or whatever computer in the network that got blacklisted.
That would be the smart thing to do. :)

Why on earth you as an admin would need to lower your forums defences just to let one infected machine in? :?
The problem is not within spamhaus or your forum. It is in your user that needs to be fixed. :)
Signature is here

daredevil33

Post by daredevil33 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:48 am

lurttinen wrote:You can either disable the dnsbl check or install a MOD to prevent proxies.
However, that does absolutely nothing to change the fact that their computer (or one in the network) is probably infected with malware.
Tell your buddy to clean his computer or whatever computer in the network that got blacklisted.
That would be the smart thing to do. :)

Why on earth you as an admin would need to lower your forums defences just to let one infected machine in? :?
The problem is not within spamhaus or your forum. It is in your user that needs to be fixed. :)
No i don't want to disable it at first point. But i was thinking like i can add his IP to whitelist or anything like that so that he can post bec i know he doesn't have trojan but his parents PC might have.

Also, can you please link me to MOD which prevent proxies?
Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”