upgrade/conversion from 2.x to 3.x didn't copy style

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
carlhuber

upgrade/conversion from 2.x to 3.x didn't copy style

Post by carlhuber »

Hi - I've been searching for a while now and haven't found this. Please yell at me if it's around!

I have had phpBB2 installed for a while now. I just created a "new" installation of phpBB3 in a new directory. I clicked the "convert" tab and everything seemed to go okay. I can visit the phpBB3 forum and all of the topics and posts are intact. It copied the smilies too. However it is using the default phpBB style and no longer uses the one I built for it - by which I mean my headers, color sets, etc. are not being used.

Will I have to rebuild it myself or is there a way to transfer the one I've been using? I read that "3rd party styles downloaded for versions of phpBB2 will not work in phpBB3" - but my style was actually built off customizing the subSilver one that came with phpBB2. Does that make a difference?

I suppose it could be worse, but my people hate change! :lol:
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: upgrade/conversion from 2.x to 3.x didn't copy style

Post by narqelion »

Styles will not transfer as the new version is completely different. You will need to re-customize your style or download one of the free styles from the database here. :)
carlhuber

Re: upgrade/conversion from 2.x to 3.x didn't copy style

Post by carlhuber »

Alright. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll try to see if one exists as a good jumping-off point.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”