Spam guide

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
COOLORANGEFREEZE

Re: Spam guide

Post by COOLORANGEFREEZE »

hmmm... I hope that author can get reGreen to work with 3.0.5 It goes perfectly with my site and my blog color scheme. So upload the style folder and then contact author for updated version of reGreen...

Thanks, I'll look into that.
COOLORANGEFREEZE

Well it turns out the author for reGreen has a polish site and so does the partner. Also there are a few styles that are labeled for 3.0.5, reGreen is not on that short list. So I can downgrade to 3.0.4 and keep reGreen or keep 3.0.5 forum and choose a lesser desired style. So we shall see.
some blind fool

Post by some blind fool »

or if reGreen is prosilver-based, you may be able to update the style yourself. ask the author if the manual update instructions provided for prosilver ( http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=880735 ) will work for updating that style.
the styles changes package linked here should have the changes for subsilver2, if you need those as well.
please do not PM me to ask for help. thanks.
COOLORANGEFREEZE

Okay I will look into this.
COOLORANGEFREEZE

I'm going to upload a 3.0.5 style but do I need to upload the 3.0.5 Styles folder first?

And with FTP where do I place the new Styles folder? And do I need to get rid of anything else?

Then I can upload a new 3.0.5 style after the new Style folder is uploaded?

I'm not waiting around for reGreen even though I emailed them.

Thanks
some blind fool

you can find the styles folder in the same place on your site's phpbb folder as it is in your local unzipped phpbb folder. just overwrite it. by uploading the styles folder, you will probably also upload the the styles within it, too. that should be all you need to update the two basic styles to 3.0.5. after you do that, refresh your styles components and/or purge the board's cache.
COOLORANGEFREEZE

Hi, so I uploaded the 3.0.5 styles folder to my forum styles folder in c-panel. Now I have my old styles folder with the prosilver, subsilver, and the regreen templates plus the new styles folder all inside.

Do I need to delete the old style folder and its contents and keep the new 3.0.5 styles folder only? Will this kill my forum content and listings there if I do?
some blind fool

are you saying that your 3.0.5 prosilver folder is in 'yoursite/yourphpbb3/styles/styles/'?
if so, that is incorrect. phpbb3 shouldn't see the 3.0.5 styles there. the 3.0.5 prosilver and subsilver2 folders need to replace their 3.0.4 folders.
delete the 3.0.4 prosilver and subsilver2 folders, then move or upload their 3.0.5 folders into that styles folder, and delete the new styles folder. regreen can stay where it is. :)

all forum posts and users info are kept in the database. updating the styles folders and files won't affect content.
COOLORANGEFREEZE

Okay so I deleted the old prosilver/subsilver/regreen and uploaded the 3.0.5 prosilver/subsilver to the old, empty styles folder and then deleted the new styles folder. Now I have the old styles folder that only contains the new prosilver/subsilver. The new prosilver is apparently my default style now.

I already know my forum is 3.0.5 but is there a place where I can read that my styles are also 3.0.5 just to be sure... call it OCD since I know I already uploaded the 3.0.5

Thanks for your help 8-)
some blind fool

off hand, not that i know of through the acp. but i could just be missing it. however, it is listed in each of the various .cfg files in the style's folders.

you're welcome. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”