Problem with Mass Email Function

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Ratmaster

Problem with Mass Email Function

Post by Ratmaster »

Hi, I am having a problem with my mass email abilities on the forums I am hosting.

I do not think that this problem has anything to do with any mods installed or the software itself, as I have noticed this has been happening on several of my forums. I believe my web host may not allow something that makes the emails send.

Automated messages such as activation messages and system messages (ex. new private message) are working, but it is only the mass emailer that is not.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference in the functions of the mass email function and the function used for automatic system messages, and if so, what is the function used for sending mass emails? And, if my web host will not allow this, is there a way I can get around this?

(Please note that I do not and I will not ever use this system for spam)

Also, please note that I have already tried to do this when I used the mail service with Google Apps to send messages via the phpBB ACP Settings, but this still did not do anything different.

Thanks a lot!
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: Problem with Mass Email Function

Post by narqelion »

There was a mass emailer bug in <=3.0.4 that has been corrected for the next release. That could be the issue or it could be your host throttling the # of emails you can send at one time or per hour/day. Can you describe more of your mass email issue? Are some going through, none at all? Any error messages in the log?
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

Sorry for the late response.

I installed another forum with 2 members so far, and it works for them.

With the other forums, it shows a screen saying the message was sent successfully, but no-one gets the message. I don't really know anything specific about the host.

Thanks.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

If I had to guess I would say you are experiencing the bug which has been fixed for the next release.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”