Need Help., Loss Data.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
kham619

Need Help., Loss Data.

Post by kham619 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? I Don't Know
What is your board's URL? http://warorphans.net
Who do you host your board with? godaddy
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Conversion from phpBB2
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Please describe your problem. I tried to install a Portal after Updating my board from 3.0.1 to 3.0.4. Now I'm getting an SQL error. Please advise on how to retain data. Or, can I fresh install 3.0.4 and find the sql file and import? I don't know if thats possible.
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, subsilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? No answer given
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 4
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 2931 $)
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Need Help., Loss Data.

Post by JimA »

Ask it in the topic of the MOD. The author will probably know what the problem is when you show him the error that shows up.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

As Jim just said.
Do NOT go reinstallling. You could cause some unfixable damage if you do.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

The error indicates that the information in config.php does not match the correct information for your database settings. So either the file changed or the database changed.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
kham619

Post by kham619 »

stevemaury wrote:The error indicates that the information in config.php does not match the correct information for your database settings. So either the file changed or the database changed.
Yes, I tried to Update to 3.0.4 from 3.0.1 and it worked. I think the file was changed, I didn't touch the Databas. But my portal was not liked to my forums button, so I tried to install a new portal. My question is, Can I do a Fresh install and find mySql file somewhere and import it? what to do ??
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

kham619 wrote:
stevemaury wrote:The error indicates that the information in config.php does not match the correct information for your database settings. So either the file changed or the database changed.
Yes, I tried to Update to 3.0.4 from 3.0.1 and it worked. I think the file was changed, I didn't touch the Databas. But my portal was not liked to my forums button, so I tried to install a new portal. My question is, Can I do a Fresh install and find mySql file somewhere and import it? what to do ??
You are making all sorts of incorrect assumptions in there.
The file which controls how your database is accessed is config.php, as Steve just mentioned.
If phpBB cannot connect to your database, then almost certainly the information in config.php doesn't match what is required to access the database any more.

So, what have you done now? Your board isn't giving the previous error, it's just saying"this board is unavailable" right now.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
kham619

Post by kham619 »

ric323 wrote:
kham619 wrote:
You are making all sorts of incorrect assumptions in there.
The file which controls how your database is accessed is config.php, as Steve just mentioned.
If phpBB cannot connect to your database, then almost certainly the information in config.php doesn't match what is required to access the database any more.

So, what have you done now? Your board isn't giving the previous error, it's just saying"this board is unavailable" right now.
I deleted everything and started over... Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”