4 strange guest posts dated 1/1/1970

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: 4 strange guest posts dated 1/1/1970

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Little-Angel wrote:I found these post and I believe they are created when the spam-bot sends to post data and does not include a time stamp the same way a browser would if it had been a legitimate user posting on their computer.
No. A post's time isn't sent by the poster, the board adds that based on server time. The problem can occur when unsuccessfully mass deleting spam posts, some data is removed but not all.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:20 pm

The original topic, from 5 years ago, was caused by a Fantastico install that had bad collation set on the posts or topics table. The non-ASCII characters in the message caused either the post or the topic to fail to store to the database. The missing table-record was treated as having a "zero" timestamp.

Dakoom

Post by Dakoom » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Little-Angel wrote: The way I removed these was to access the ACP and synchronise the forums. I found I had to do the synch on every level and in some cases to it several times.
This worked for me. :D
currently working on Klayz.com. phpBB at klayz.com/community/

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”