Reinstalling phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Reinstalling phpBB3

Post by KevC »

Go for it and see what happens. You should be ok. You'll probably find the SQL queries that any MODs need are still in the database and so won't need to be rerun.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
RONVAN2000

Post by RONVAN2000 »

Thank a lot Kevin Clark!
greytail

Post by greytail »

What if you want to install a database from an earlier version....say 3.01 or 3.00,,,I forget which version my site was running on but it was definitely 3.00 or 3.1, It definitely wasn't the latest version. Can I still import the database?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

instead of dragging up a 6 year old topic, please start a new one and describe your situation and exactly what you are trying to do.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
vasilise21

Post by vasilise21 »

should lose and file database update.php???on only the config.php, the /images and /files folders.???i want to reinstall clean for 100%!!!!!
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

vasilise21 wrote:should lose and file database update.php???on only the config.php, the /images and /files folders.???i want to reinstall clean for 100%!!!!!
Hi, welcome to phpBB.com!

Please start a new topic in the support forums and explain exactly what you're trying to do and what your question/trouble with it is. That will allow us to assist you in the best way. :)

Thanks!
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”