URGENT! Admin control panel show to members!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
PrinceWords

URGENT! Admin control panel show to members!

Post by PrinceWords » Mon May 25, 2009 4:46 pm

hi, well sorry for saying urgent, its really is! the problem started to show today only after I installed Avalon style, I dunno if its a style problem or not, ( this is why I didn't want to write in the Style release topic, so please try to fix this urgent problem with me )
the ( Admin Control Panel ) link is shown to members...and when they try to enter it it show main admin page with statics and show (groups) and ( hacks) tabs only...I can't post my forum link for the security case but I wish its a common problem that have a fix... :( thanks for your time.
Last edited by PrinceWords on Mon May 25, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If You Still have The power to smile..You have everything... :)

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: URGENT! Admin control panel show to members!

Post by KevC » Mon May 25, 2009 4:59 pm

What check have you done to know the users can see it?

Go in to permissions and check the masks at the bottom of the menu on the left. You can see where they admin permission has been assigned to the registered users group.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

PrinceWords

Post by PrinceWords » Mon May 25, 2009 5:41 pm

well first a member told me it! and send a screen shot of the problem, and I saw it while exploring user persmisson ...for many users the same next result, the Admin control panel is shown ( Although I'm exploring normal member permission ) and when I click on the link it show this:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/305/theproblem.jpg

but the member who reported the problem got more tabs shown than this in his screen shot, so I can't really where the problem is, and last mod I installed before the problem occurred was Portal3, so any help please?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon May 25, 2009 5:44 pm

If you're using the option to test someone else's permissions you'll always see the admin link because you're an admin.

You need to check the permissions masks.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

PrinceWords

Post by PrinceWords » Mon May 25, 2009 5:59 pm

yea I know the link should be shown, but why the control panel show? it should say you are banned to enter the control panel and doesn't show any tabs...
and for the masks, I checked it when you told me and it didn't show anything strange...no one except the admin have access to admin control panel...this is why I doubt it may be a cause of some edit for the portal maybe?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon May 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Use the adminstrative-based permission mask on a registered user who you think has ACP access. If all the tabls are red, they do not have access. If any are green, use the trace (O-> icon on the left) to see where they get the permission. Testing users permissions will do nothing for you here.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech » Tue May 26, 2009 12:48 am

Moved to main support.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”