Copyright

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
TandyServices

Copyright

Post by TandyServices »

Hi,

I was wondering if I can edit the copyright notice on the bottom of my Phpbb software? It now says Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group, I would like it to say Powered by phpBB © 2009 phpBB Group

Thanks
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Copyright

Post by Pit$Bull »

If the full copyright (as appears in the footer here) cannot be displayed, users are requested to at least display the "Powered by phpBB" line with "phpBB" linking to phpBB.com. An equivalent message, such as "Discussion board software by phpBB", is also acceptable. Users may also replace the text with an image, as long as the link to phpBB.com is maintained.

AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR »

But it's not copyrighted in 2009. ;)

You can edit the copyright notice as long as your edit: 1) does not remove the link to phpBB.com and 2) does not imply you yourself own the copyright, like putting your personal copyright on the same line.

Eliminating the dates alltogether would be fine as long as you meet this criteria. :)

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton

TandyServices

Post by TandyServices »

Great thanks. Just didn't want to change it up without having reassurance it's ok. I'll leave the link in it and just remove the dates.
Thanks again :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”