Private messaging error text

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mclovin

Private messaging error text

Post by mclovin »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.5
What is your board's URL? http://forums.bfzinternational.com
Who do you host your board with? Cove (http://www.cove.com.au)
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Please describe your problem. Hi there... when I go into private messaging, everything looks fine, but as soon as I click on a received private message, the following text appears at the top of the screen:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1818: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1818: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)

Do you have any ideas on what could cause this issue? I have the ProDark style template installed, but the issue occurs using the default ProSilver template, so I don't believe it is style related.

Private message functionality works perfectly.
What styles do you currently have installed? ProDark
What language(s) is your board currently using? Only English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 2968 $)
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: Private messaging error text

Post by narqelion »

When did this error start, right after install? This is a new board or existing that has been upgraded to 3.0.5?
mclovin

Post by mclovin »

This board was a fresh install to 3.0.5 (no upgrade, nothing)

It happened right after install.

Any ideas? THanks heaps.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

Fresh install....since you are on a linux server can you double check all your file & folder permissions have been set correctly. This kb is old but the permissions explained still apply in version 3:

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/chmod-permissions/
mclovin

Post by mclovin »

Thanks for your suggestion, I just checked the permissions. A couple of files/directories were out of whack, so I corrected them based on what the document said. I'm now 100% compliant with the recommended permissions.

Problem still occurs though :evil: . It's wierd... it happens with some PMs, but not others. I can't quite get a handle on it.
tenkay

Post by tenkay »

Just to throw in a vote of support. This error started appearing after upgrading a 3.0.4 installation to 3.0.5, using the changed files only download.

Happens just* when you're viewing any private message, not at the inbox/sent/etc. No mods, I can't provide a link as it's an internal board right now.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1818: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments.
*From what I've found so far by browsing around
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

tenkay wrote:Just to throw in a vote of support. This error started appearing after upgrading a 3.0.4 installation to 3.0.5, using the changed files only download.

Happens just* when you're viewing any private message, not at the inbox/sent/etc. No mods, I can't provide a link as it's an internal board right now.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1818: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments.
*From what I've found so far by browsing around
Not sure I understand you...are you reporting a problem with your board here or ....? If so and you are saying it happens with "any private message" then your issue could be different from the OP as they say it only happens with some PM's but not all.
tenkay

Post by tenkay »

narqelion wrote:If so and you are saying it happens with "any private message" then your issue could be different from the OP as they say it only happens with some PM's but not all.
I only have 2 private messages to test with, and it happens with both of them, this isn't really a large enough pool to say if it doesn't happen on some others. I posted to suggest this isn't just a 1 board issue, this also happens to be the first result from a google search for the error string :p
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

mclovin wrote:I have the ProDark style template installed, but the issue occurs using the default ProSilver template, so I don't believe it is style related.
Try changing your style to subsilver2 and send yourself a PM.
mclovin

Post by mclovin »

Hey guys, to be a little more specific about which PMs it does it for, and which ones are okay, I've made a screenshot that you can look at here. The ones that are marked with the green paint are the ones where the error occurs.

http://i42.tinypic.com/28tmk3.jpg

I've also attached another screenshot (see below) that actually has the error message in it, so it's a little more clear.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r7o8kj.jpg

It's wierd, it's as if it stopped happening after a particular time, and it hasn't happened on the new PMs that were received above the first few, so I have no idea. It still occurs if I open the dodgy PM. It doesn't appear to be localised to a user account, as the same guy PM'd me and the issue didn't occur.

Could it be a problem with the file: functions_privmsgs.php ?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

i started getting the error after i adjusted my board timezone. and it only happens to the pm's that i got before i changed the TZ :roll:

all folder and file permissions are correct and this is a fresh clean install of 3.0.5
mclovin

Post by mclovin »

Ahhhhh, sweet as, that could be what it is, because I remember changing the time zone on my board too.

Spaceace - you're a genious, thanks for the tip, that totally makes sense :D

Because any of the newer ones are fine!!

Does anyone here know how you mark these threads as resolved? I edited my original post, but couldnt' work out how to place the little tick next to the forum thread.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

All three of you experiencing this issue, it should be reported by one of you as a bug in the bug tracker. This behavior is definitely not acceptable and should be fixed. Link to this topic in the ticket that gets submitted. :)
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

It looks like the problem appears when PM history contains more than 2 messages.
This trick solves the problem:

Code: Select all

OPEN
includes/functions_privmsgs.php

FIND (Line 1767)
	$rowset = array_values($rowset);

REPLACE WITH
	$rowset1 = array_values($rowset);

FIND (Line 1769)
	for ($i = 0, $size = sizeof($rowset); $i < $size; $i++)

REPLACE WITH
	for ($i = 0, $size = sizeof($rowset1); $i < $size; $i++)

FIND (Line 1771)
		$row = &$rowset[$i];

REPLACE WITH
		$row = &$rowset1[$i];
This issue takes place only in rev.9441 of includes/functions_privmsgs.php. Looks like the trouble is in using of array_values that must be confusing $rowset array in some way (perhaps array_values leaves the parameter-array unmodified, but we try to make $rowset equal to array_values($rowset)). But I can be wrong with it, just a guess.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

I was able to verify this yesterday on my test board and stumbled across it on another user's board while helping them with a different problem. Very annoying little bug let me tell you.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”