How to make email subscription shows additional detail

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ivantoar

How to make email subscription shows additional detail

Post by ivantoar »

I want to know is there any settings or possibilities to change email notification about PM or subscribed topic. I want to make the email contains the message of the replier and replier's name. Also the same for PM, I want the information about who and what did the message sender write.

Thanks.
Tell me how bad my English is and I shall say "English is not my native language".

narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: How to make email subscription shows additional detail

Post by narqelion »

This functionality does not exist in a vanilla phpbb, you would need a MOD. Search through the MOD database or the MOD's in development forum. :)

ivantoar

Post by ivantoar »

Ah too bad. I found one for phpBB 2, but not for 3. Or I just don't know the keyword.
Tell me how bad my English is and I shall say "English is not my native language".

senortim

Post by senortim »

I, too, am hoping to include the message text in emails notifying subscribers. I looked all through the MOD database without luck. Can anyone steer us in the right direction?

Also, does anyone know of a mod that will let a forum behave like a mailing list so that messages posted to the forum are sent via email to all members (unless they opt-out)?

Thanks!

ivantoar

Post by ivantoar »

senortim wrote:I, too, am hoping to include the message text in emails notifying subscribers. I looked all through the MOD database without luck. Can anyone steer us in the right direction?

Also, does anyone know of a mod that will let a forum behave like a mailing list so that messages posted to the forum are sent via email to all members (unless they opt-out)?

Thanks!
Finally, I realized that we made a mistake for searching at the mod database. I found it via google using key word "phpbb notify email message body" and it return with a mod called "Prime Notify" (not Prime Notify PM!)

It's in beta status. I am hoping this will get approved soon, or be implemented on phpBB core.

narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

ivantoar wrote:or be implemented on phpBB core.
I wouldn't count on that, but even stranger things have happened, just yesterday for instance. ;)

Even outside of beta, remember there is no official support for MOD's so make sure you really need this feature before you hack your board. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”