Page 1 of 1

source files?

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 pm
by Bullfn33
I just updated to 3.0.5 but what are the source files?
Please make sure you update your phpBB3 source files too, even if you run the database_update.php file.

Re: source files?

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm
by Mick
The source files will be the files in the root of your board I guess?

Re: source files?

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 pm
by Bullfn33
so then what would be an example of a source file?

Re: source files?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 pm
by Bullfn33
I can't post a reply or view a profile on my forum after update. Instead, it goes to the index page which is all white with text and no styling. Is this from not updating the source files? help

Re: source files?

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:38 pm
by Bullfn33
Bullfn33 wrote:I can't post a reply or view a profile on my forum after update. Instead, it goes to the index page which is all white with text and no styling. Is this from not updating the source files? help
anyone have any idea what this problem is?

Re: source files?

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 pm
by darcie
To answer the previous question, source files are all those uploaded to your webspace to make the board. The message you got in the first post is a reminder after running database_update.php. You should have also replaced the old files with the new ones.

To answer your more recent question and get a complete history of possible causes, please use the Support Request Template Generator to fill out the support template for you and then post it here.

Re: source files?

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:04 pm
by Bullfn33
darcie wrote:To answer the previous question, source files are all those uploaded to your webspace to make the board. The message you got in the first post is a reminder after running database_update.php. You should have also replaced the old files with the new ones.

To answer your more recent question and get a complete history of possible causes, please use the Support Request Template Generator to fill out the support template for you and then post it here.
Hi darcie, thanks for your reply. I kind of figured out why it would go back to the white, text only index page. I 'm using Rokbridge and had enabled SEF Urls in their modules so I'll have to ask them about that.

Now, I'm still not sure if I still need to do something to complete the update or not. All I did was upload the files from the update download package and overwrite the old ones on my server. Then I ran the update in the ACP. Am I done or am I missing something? thanks

Re: source files?

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 pm
by darcie
Bullfn33 wrote:Now, I'm still not sure if I still need to do something to complete the update or not. All I did was upload the files from the update download package and overwrite the old ones on my server. Then I ran the update in the ACP. Am I done or am I missing something? thanks
It honestly depends on which update package you chose. If you only uploaded a folder called install, did you run the Automatic Update which merged the new and old files? Or did you yourself overwrite old files with new? The warning you received is always given and does not read the files to know if you completed that part or not.
Bullfn33 wrote:Hi darcie, thanks for your reply. I kind of figured out why it would go back to the white, text only index page. I 'm using Rokbridge and had enabled SEF Urls in their modules so I'll have to ask them about that.
Ah. Yes, do. And be sure that SEF url naming doesn't interfere with updating. I've seen MOD install instructions that caution of SEO urls. I can't say as it is definitely an issue, as I'm familiar with Rokbridge in name only.

Re: source files?

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm
by Bullfn33
darcie wrote:
Bullfn33 wrote:Now, I'm still not sure if I still need to do something to complete the update or not. All I did was upload the files from the update download package and overwrite the old ones on my server. Then I ran the update in the ACP. Am I done or am I missing something? thanks
It honestly depends on which update package you chose. If you only uploaded a folder called install, did you run the Automatic Update which merged the new and old files? Or did you yourself overwrite old files with new? The warning you received is always given and does not read the files to know if you completed that part or not.
I uploaded the update files and overwrote the old ones through file transfer manually, then I ran the update in the ACP.

Re: source files?

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm
by darcie
As long as you used the Full package or Changed Files from http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus.php, this sounds like you updated correctly. You can see complete update instructions at http://www.phpbb.com/community/docs/INSTALL.html#update. This is also available in the /docs folder of the phpBB download.