Replacing original Smileys

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Locked
MaLeKo
Registered User
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

Replacing original Smileys

Post by MaLeKo »

I've just wiped out all phpbb defaults smileys and update those smileys with bunch of new smiley sets while retaining their orginal codes and other settings..Everything works correctly except that in existing posts, i could still see all smileys codes still point to their old smiley images..

Purge cache + cleaning styles cache been done.
MaLeKo
Registered User
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by MaLeKo »

Bump!

Anyone?/ Support team??
User avatar
sixtvs
Registered User
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by sixtvs »

Please take note that there is a 6 hour time limit before you can bump your topic.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!
narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by narqelion »

sixtvs wrote:Please take note that there is a 6 hour time limit before you can bump your topic.
Considering it had been 12 hours & 11 minutes between the original post and the bump by the OP, I doubt they care. ;)

@MaLeKo, when you say you wiped them out, does that mean you physically removed the old smiley images from the directory or are they still there? If the image(s) were removed they should not be displaying in the older posts. What you should have done if you haven't is make sure you replaced the smiley images with your new ones keeping the same image file name so that the smiley code links the appropriate new image. If you need further assistance please provide a link to your board and an example smiley. :)
MaLeKo
Registered User
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by MaLeKo »

The old smiley images are still in the dir. I only made those smileys codes to point to new smiley images (new filenames)

From what I see those smiley images in existing posts would get updated only when i edit them (without making any changes) and re-submit them

Everything works fine though in new posts
narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by narqelion »

MaLeKo wrote:The old smiley images are still in the dir.
That is why then. :)
MaLeKo wrote:From what I see those smiley images in existing posts would get updated only when i edit them (without making any changes) and re-submit them
Correct, at that point they are reparsed and the images updated. Whenever switching out a set of smilies I replace the actual image files but keep the same filename so I don't have to reparse the posts in order for the new images to show up. :)
User avatar
leviatan21
Registered User
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Name: Gabriel

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by leviatan21 »

MaLeKo wrote:The old smiley images are still in the dir. I only made those smileys codes to point to new smiley images (new filenames)

From what I see those smiley images in existing posts would get updated only when i edit them (without making any changes) and re-submit them

Everything works fine though in new posts
That's true, smilies links are stored, directly in the post table, only the parse process can decode it and display as -> :D instead ->Image when you edit a post.

There is nothing you can do, just leave the smilies image in the root/images/smilies/ folder
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español
User avatar
Anon
Former Team Member
Posts: 7019
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:33 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by Anon »

sixtvs wrote:Please take note that there is a 6 hour time limit before you can bump your topic.
While that is true [although not in this instance], please use the report function to let a moderator deal with it, rather than replying yourself.
MaLeKo
Registered User
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Replacing original Smileys

Post by MaLeKo »

leviatan21 wrote: That's true, smilies links are stored, directly in the post table, only the parse process can decode it and display as -> :D instead ->Image when you edit a post.

There is nothing you can do, just leave the smilies image in the root/images/smilies/ folder

Oh crap..now I know why..

:(
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”