Trojan

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
JasonWade

Trojan

Post by JasonWade »

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, or rather my friend.

My friend recently ordered a customized style/layout for her forum. After installing it her virusprogram detected a virus/trojan/something so she deleted the whole style but she still gets it. I just visited her forum ( infected link removed ) and here's what I get:
Virus: HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen
Date discovered: 14/08/2007
Type: Trojan
In the wild: Yes
Reported Infections: Low
Distribution Potential: Low
Damage Potential: Low
Static file: No
Engine version: 7.04.01.62

(copied from my virusprogram)

Does anyo9ne have any idea what to do with this? Thanks in advance :)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Trojan

Post by stevemaury »

This is not a phpbb issue, and certainly not a phpbb support issue. She needs to contact whoever provided the style.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

stevemaury wrote:This is not a phpbb issue, and certainly not a phpbb support issue. She needs to contact whoever provided the style.
Well I know it's not phpbb (didn't know what other forum to post it in), but it could be that somebody here who knew what this was was maybe so KIND to give some info (as to what the solution could be, deleting the forum, or something...)...
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

It has nothing to do with kindness. This forum is for phpbb support and as much as we might like to provide support for any and all computer related issues, we cannot. Hope you understand that. Closing.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”