"Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed"

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
illonavamp

"Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed"

Post by illonavamp »

What version of phpBB are you using? 3.0.5

What is your board's URL? http://www.bloodlust-uk.com/forum/

Who do you host your board with? godaddy

How did you install your board? Did a back up of old version (3.0.1 I think), and a convert. Conversion came up with too many "conflicts" to deal with so I used full package zip to upgrade and overwrite everything. Then I made the old tables identical to new tables and recreated them to restore from backup. Spent days checking and testing tables before I did this.

Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? As above

Do you have any MODs installed? No.

When did your problem begin? 07-12-09 though I have seen it before after conversion went wrong - I re-uploaded all the files again and did a fresh install and fixed it, or so I thought.

Please describe your problem: Was working on forum posts and users yesterday, ACP was working fine, I re-synched everything (post count etc) and checked and assigned forum permissions. Everything was going fine. Logging into and out of the board and ACP yesterday without problems. This morning I attempt to log in and I get the message "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." Looking at user table this morning my admin user is user_type '3'.

What styles do you currently have installed? I did the upgrade/reinstall with the standard ones with come with the package, then re-uploaded my custom one and installed it. I logged in and out a couple of times on this one, no problems.

What language(s) is your board currently using? English only.

Which database type/version are you using? 4.1.22 as far as I can tell.

What is your level of experience? Been using phpbb for about 8 years. Just want to know whether this is a known issue otherwise I'll go away and fix it myself.

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Re: "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed"

Post by Elitzur »

Right well I have seen a SQL that you can put in so it will make a new admin account with every permission.

I will go look for it, but as of now, if you have not cleared anything in your browser then go to the following link
when you are logged in, in your admin account:

Code: Select all

http://www.bloodlust-uk.com/forum/adm/index.php?sid=[admin panel id code here]
Your ACP link should look something like that.

And just wondering, do you have any other Admins on your forum? Or do you just have Moderators?

illonavamp

Post by illonavamp »

Ah, I gave one person admin rights as well as me though I thought lower level, I'll go check.

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Post by Elitzur »

Thanks to Mixstar who gave me the SQL in a PM ;)

Run this into SQL and it will create an account name 'admin1' with a password of 'admin'.

Make sure you change the table prefix from phpbb_ to your own prefix if it isn't phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');

illonavamp

Post by illonavamp »

Ok thanks I'll go do that.

illonavamp

Post by illonavamp »

OK getting the same message on that one too.

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Post by Elitzur »

There is something wrong somewhere then if that doesn't work.

What changes did you do just before this happened? And also, do you have a Backup of your forum?

illonavamp

Post by illonavamp »

Yeah have backup, I'll just do a fresh install I guess.

illonavamp

Post by illonavamp »

Which table would reset forum (and admin cp?) permissions? That was the last thing I was doing if I remember correctly, I can just restore those from backup.

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Post by Elitzur »

All you have to do is transfer your backed up files onto for FTP forum root, make sure if you forums root
is '/forum/' then change the back up name to '/backup/' or something then once it has finished uploading
then change the forums name from'/forum/' to '/forum-01/' and then change the backup to '/forum/'.

Hope that helps.

*Edit: This is assuming that there is something wrong with your code, however it could a problem
within the forums database, just make sure, have you done anything/changed anything in your database?

*Edit 2: Also what style are you using? Are you using prosilver or another one?

Can you get to the ACP via that link I provided earlier? Make sure you are logged in with an admin
account, also, does your account that you normally use have the 'Founder' permission enabled on it?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”