PHPbb with fancy text url's?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Lord Raiden

PHPbb with fancy text url's?

Post by Lord Raiden » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am

Ok, I've got a site that now uses fancy text url's (aka url's that look like folder paths. Example: domain.com/articles/article_name) and I was wondering if A) PHPbb supported such URL's, and B) would it be possible to implement them so that the URL system in the front of the site matched that in the forums. Thanks in advance for any info.
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:
-Raiden's Realm - Bringing Linux to the World

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: PHPbb with fancy text url's?

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 am

A) phpBB doesn't support SEO URIs out of the box, IIRC there is a MOD for it/in development (by Handyman`). Have a look at the MOD forums.
B) That would depend on the way your site is setup.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Lord Raiden

Re: PHPbb with fancy text url's?

Post by Lord Raiden » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks. As for item B, the "matching what's on the main site" part more or less just means that both the main site and forums use fancy text urls, rather than having one do fancytext (/articles/name_of_article/) and the other do var urls (topic.php?t=5008). It just seems more professional when both do the same thing in the address bar. ;)
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:
-Raiden's Realm - Bringing Linux to the World

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”