Category and On Moderation Queue Permissions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Seraphic

Category and On Moderation Queue Permissions

Post by Seraphic » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:36 am

What are people using for their permissions with category?
Since they can't be posted into (etc), is Read Only the recommended permission for them (for say registered users)?

Also, On Moderation Queue Permissions, is there anyway to on require mod validation with new topics, but allow free posting when replying to topics?

Thanks

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Category and On Moderation Queue Permissions

Post by JimA » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:56 am

For the categories, just make sure they can be seen and read. Read-only access is fine.

Only new topics need approval? Therefore you'll need a MOD.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1346425
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Boyobejamin

Re: Category and On Moderation Queue Permissions

Post by Boyobejamin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 am

I deleted most of the default ones and created my own in acp/permmissions/Permission Roles/. I did this because my forums are partially for posting school notes. Right now anyone can post info because the forum will be easy to manage when I get a bunch of mods and admins =D. For a normal forum I would suggest that you go with limited access for registered users and save the good stuff like voting for the people whom have proven to be responsible on your forums.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”