Page 1 of 1

Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 pm
by Bullfn33
What does it mean if the ranks aren't showing up in the Users and Groups > Manage ranks even though they are placed in the ranks folder?

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:49 pm
by Bullfn33
anybody? this doesn't make any sense...
Bullfn33 wrote:What does it mean if the ranks aren't showing up in the Users and Groups > Manage ranks even though they are placed in the ranks folder?

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:03 pm
by narqelion
Permissions or folder placement. What are the images you uploaded (types) and are they under the root level of /ranks ? :)

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 am
by Bullfn33
narqelion wrote:Permissions or folder placement. What are the images you uploaded (types) and are they under the root level of /ranks ? :)
thanks for the reply...the ranks are .gif images and they are located under /distribution/images/ranks and /distribution/images/StarRanks. My phpbb3 root directory is called distribution. It's just that they are not showing up in the drop down box when trying to edit or add a new rank.

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 am
by narqelion
So your images are in the following hierarchy:

../images/ranks/image1.gif
../images/ranks/image2.gif
../images/ranks/image3.gif

Your ACP -> Server configuration ->Server settings -> Rank image storage path: is images/ranks ?

What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm
by Bullfn33
narqelion wrote:So your images are in the following hierarchy:

../images/ranks/image1.gif
../images/ranks/image2.gif
../images/ranks/image3.gif

Your ACP -> Server configuration ->Server settings -> Rank image storage path: is images/ranks ?
Yes. I did notice in the Server settings my Script path was set to /forums and changed it to /distribution but that didn't seem to help.
narqelion wrote:What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)
755, images set to 644

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 pm
by 4Teach
Bullfn33 wrote:
narqelion wrote:So your images are in the following hierarchy:

../images/ranks/image1.gif
../images/ranks/image2.gif
../images/ranks/image3.gif

Your ACP -> Server configuration ->Server settings -> Rank image storage path: is images/ranks ?
Yes. I did notice in the Server settings my Script path was set to /forums and changed it to /distribution but that didn't seem to help.
narqelion wrote:What are the permissions on the images/ranks folder? :)
755, images set to 644
which version of phpbb?

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm
by Bullfn33
3.0.5

I did switch hosts and updated to 3.0.5 since I noticed they weren't showing up..so, I don't know if that messed with something but all of the paths seem to be where they should. It doesn't make much sense.

Re: Ranks aren't showing

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 pm
by Bullfn33
I just went ahead and put the image path into the phpbb_ranks table in phpmyadmin and it showed up on the ranks list back in the ACP. However still nothing in the drop down box when trying to edit it. So it's fine, it works, it's easy to work around, no problem.