Posting to phpbb3 database via CMS - which tables to update?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Lord Raiden

Posting to phpbb3 database via CMS - which tables to update?

Post by Lord Raiden » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Ok, I'm looking into updating my phpbb forums, but I need to tie the forums into the CMS. I know which fields I needed to update on 2x, but I'm unsure what all needs to be updated in 3x so as to get a working forums without breaking anything. Anyone know what fields need to be updated to make a proper, valid post in phpbb3?

In 2x it was phpbb_posts, phpbb_topics, phpbb_posts_text, and phpbb_forums. (no, I didn't insert anything into the search index, since I didn't feel that was necessary at the time, but that's changed) In 3x, it appears that posts and posts_text have merged, as has topics and forums.

So it all comes down to this. Do I just post to phpbb_posts and phpbb_forums for my updates (the post in the first, the forum info update in the second), and in order to get the posts seen by the search index, how do I add them without having to resync the index every couple of days? Any help is welcome.

PS, if anyone read my other post, I've solved the whole blob problem btw. This is the next step beyond it.
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:
-Raiden's Realm - Bringing Linux to the World

Lord Raiden

Re: Posting to phpbb3 database via CMS - which tables to update?

Post by Lord Raiden » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 am

Bump! Can anyone answer this for me? I could likely figure this out with a whole bunch of experimentation, but why break my board just to figure this out when someone could just give me the answer and not just help me, but others that'll come after me as well. Any help you can provide is welcome. Thanks.
Steve Lake
-Owner/Admin/Author of:
-Raiden's Realm - Bringing Linux to the World

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Re: Posting to phpbb3 database via CMS - which tables to update?

Post by Techie-Micheal » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 am

Why not just use submit_post()? http://wiki.phpbb.com/Submit_post
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”