Copying Permissions via phpMyAdmin

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Copying Permissions via phpMyAdmin

Post by romans1423 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 pm

I've recently been brought in to help maintain a phpBB installation -- something some of you may recall I've been doing for years. I'm still "new" to phpBB3, though, and the problem comes in that the original user doesn't have access to the admin account anymore. The account she has been using does not have administrator privileges. I have access to phpMyAdmin, and I'm almost certain I can use it to copy permissions from the founding user to my account so that I can help get the board cleared of spammers... but I'm not sure how to go about it. Working with BLOBs is not something I'm familiar with. Any advice?
Last edited by Erik Frèrejean on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: Copying Permissions via phpMyAdmin

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Simply giving your user founder status will allow you to do everything within the Admin Control Panel (keep in mind that this doesn't give you any moderator or forum permissions). To do so set the "user_type" field for your user to "3". You'll find this field in the users table.
To do it straight away you'll need to run a query like:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users
SET user_type = '3'
   WHERE user_id = '[Your user id]';
After this purge the boards cache manually by removing all files from the "cache/" directory except for: .htaccess and index.html.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Re: Copying Permissions via phpMyAdmin

Post by romans1423 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Of course! So simple. Thank you. Got my account up & running properly now.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”