install

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
azra

install

Post by azra » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 pm

is there a way i can get a phpbb3 update package with the youtube mod, emff (mp3) mod, and the shoutbox mod already included?

also, if i convert my phpbb2 to phpbb3, and delete the phpbb2 directory and rename the phpbb3 directory to what the old one was, will the topics url still be the same? ex. if before i had www.blank.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2636 once i convert it to phpbb3 will the url be the same?
azra :D

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: install

Post by stevemaury » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

No.

Yes.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

azra wrote:is there a way i can get a phpbb3 update package with the youtube mod, emff (mp3) mod, and the shoutbox mod already included?
In phpBB you don't need a youtube MOD as you can handle those through custom BBCodes.
As for the package, we don't supply a preMODded package and it is advice to not use those as you'll only receive limited support for them here. Just upgrade to a vanilla phpBB installation and than add those MODs to that installation (if they exist)
azra wrote:also, if i convert my phpbb2 to phpbb3, and delete the phpbb2 directory and rename the phpbb3 directory to what the old one was, will the topics url still be the same? ex. if before i had http://www.blank.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2636 once i convert it to phpbb3 will the url be the same?
Yes phpBB 3.0.x knows how to handle the phpBB 2.0.x URI schema.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

azra

Post by azra » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:In phpBB you don't need a youtube MOD as you can handle those through custom BBCodes.
where can i find out more about that?
azra :D

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:38 pm

In this topic, many Custom BBCodes you can use and how to implement them are mentioned. :)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=579376
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”