Upgrading w/ Mods?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ThomasMcKean

Upgrading w/ Mods?

Post by ThomasMcKean »

According to my "Simple Scripts" admin page, there are updates for PHPBB3. I am currently using version 3.0.2 and it says the latest is 3.0.5 - okay so I get that. But I recall a while back I tried to upgrade and the mods stopped working and the site was chaos. Is there a way to safely upgrade and keep the mods, or does modding sacrifice the upgrades?
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Re: Upgrading w/ Mods?

Post by narqelion »

ThomasMcKean wrote:But I recall a while back I tried to upgrade and the mods stopped working and the site was chaos.
Quite common when you have MOD's. ;-)
ThomasMcKean wrote:Is there a way to safely upgrade and keep the mods, or does modding sacrifice the upgrades?
You have two choices, well three really.

1. You can upgrade using the auto update tool which is touted as being the best way to preserve your MOD's

2. You can manually upgrade using the changed files only packages, applying the edits manually

3. You can upgrade using the full package thus wiping out your MOD's and then re-apply them

Whatever method you choose, make sure you have a full working backup of both the phpBB files and database before doing anything. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”