Attachment-size problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
aleingang

Attachment-size problem

Post by aleingang » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi,
I'm running an up-to-date, un-modded install of phpBB 3 and have an odd attachment problem.

I have max attachment size set to 48 MiB and have no problem with files up to about 8 MB.

Trying to upload any file larger than that reloads a new, blank "new topic" page after you click the "add the file" button - any text in the subject and body fields is gone and you're back to square one.
If it was a legitimate file-size error I'd think that there would be a "your file is too big" message and the filled-in fields wouldn't be cleared, right?

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Thanks!
Al

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Attachment-size problem

Post by stevemaury » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm

The size of the files you can upload will ultimately be limited by the upload_max_filesize setting in your hosts php.ini file. You can use the PHP Information link in the ACP to see what that setting is. I am guessing it is 8 MB.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

aleingang

Re: Attachment-size problem

Post by aleingang » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks Steve!
It was actually the post_max_size value in the php.ini - I had that reset and it's now working just fine.

Al

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”