Starting with basics

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
oxfordsi

Starting with basics

Post by oxfordsi »

Hello peeps,

It's got to the point that i have installed a few 'un-needed' MODS and as a result is clogging up my server space.

As we all know with MODS there are at time SQL entries.

Deleting the files from .php files isn't a problem, a clean install with rectify this however my question is regarding the SQL database.

Is there anyway of deleting modules within the database but keeping all the users details, posts, avatars and forums intact removing everything else? It's just i know that with some SQL entries, modules get posted deep within default modules that comes with the phpbb install package.

Anyone have any ideas?

Simon
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Starting with basics

Post by KevC »

The code calls on the database so if the code isn't there those SQL queries will just be ignored. So can leave them where they are if you want.

If you look at the support toolkit, it has an option to tidy up a database.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi »

Would the toolkit keep intact all posts, users, forums etc? I botice on the support kit page that it says (removes all MODS), understandably i wouldn't want all the data erased!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

MOD entries have nothing to do with your data, except as it applies to MOD data.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”