Users with less than 1 post can't start a new topic?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Ghost Rider

Users with less than 1 post can't start a new topic?

Post by Ghost Rider »

Aloha everyone!

I'm having a bit of a spambot problem. It's not really bad just yet, but it's starting to annoy me.

Anyways, I'm running PHPBB 3.0.5 and I have JFusion running that synchs userdata via Joomla. Now, installing anything on Joomla is a nightmare as some of you might know as documentation is usually pretty scarce. Nontheless, I manage to get along with it and occasionally manage to get something installed. But I digress.

So until I have the Joomla issues sorted out, I have this idea:

I want any users that have below 1 post to be unable to post new topics.

Three questions arose from that idea:
  1. Would this work to at least keep the spambots at bay?
  2. What other simple, non-MOD-related measures can be taken to keep the spambots out?
  3. How would I go about setting up so that as soon as they have one post, they would get the ability to start new topics? And can this be automated?
Thanks for the help!

blazes

Re: Users with less than 1 post can't start a new topic?

Post by blazes »

*Deleted*

See post below.
Last edited by blazes on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm lazy and don't check my MOD support threads very often. If you need help and I'm not replying in the thread, PM me and yell.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Users with less than 1 post can't start a new topic?

Post by stevemaury »

No need for a MOD. phpbb has a built-in feature requiring N posts before being able to post without approval. ACP, General tab, Post settings, Enable queued posts.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”