RESOLVED: Logo image does not appear after migration

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Charles L. Cotton

RESOLVED: Logo image does not appear after migration

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.4
What is your board's URL? http://www.TexasCHLforum.com
Who do you host your board with? ICDSoft
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What MODs do you have installed? Anti-Bot Question
What styles do you currently have installed? Default
What language(s) is your board currently using? en
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
When did your problem begin? After migration to new domain name on same web host (ICDSoft)
Please describe your problem. The logo image does not appear in the header after migration, even after editing the overall_header in both of the default styles All other photos are fine.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3396 $)

My board was successfully migrated from http://www.TexasShooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum/ to it's own domain name on a different server with the same web host (ICDSoft). After changing the config.php file, as well as the settings for cookies and the server, everything works fine except the two logo images do not appear in either of the default themes.

I edited the overall_header.html files in each of the themes, so the image paths are correct set in those files. However, when I use Firefox Web-Developer to check the logo image paths, they are pointing a non-existent folder; i.e. http://www.texaschlforum.com/TexasCHL_Forum/styles/prosilver/imageset/TexasCHLForum-Active.jpg. There is no folder "TexasCHL_Forum." Obviously, there must be another file that is pointing to the non-existent folder, but I can't find it. As a side note, when editing the overall_header files from within the C-Panel, I can click on a link for the header file that appears at the top of the C-Panel and it properly renders both logo images.

I can fix this problem simply by creating the currently non-existent folder and putting a copy of the images in it, but I'd rather fix it. Can anyone tell me where a logo image path might be stored besides the overall_header.html files for each of the two default themes?

Thanks,
Chas.

Charles L. Cotton

Re: RESOLVED: Logo image does not appear after migration

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I sure hate to admit such a stupid mistake, but doing so might help someone else. The problem was fixed by simply refreshing the templates. I never thought of that since the migration to the new server appeared to bring a non-existent folder to the new server.

Chas.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”